Navigating Digitalis CPD
The most important functions are accessible from the bottom menu bar.
My Feed has a selection of updates from people and groups you are following, news, journal articles, jobs, courses and promotional material.
‘Notifications’ display things like connection requests, follows and group requests. From the notification screen, if you tap something you will be taken to the relevant screen.
‘Messages’ is an in-app messaging feature where you can send instant messages to connections. All conversations can be logged as CPD with the tap of a button.
‘Me’ will display your profile with all of your posts. You can access all of your groups, connections, follows and followers from here.
‘CPD’ displays all of the CPD logs you have made. You can sort them by date or alphabetically by title and search titles and keywords. Swiping any entry allows you to set a reminder regarding the entry, flag it to find it easily in future, share it into your feed or into a group or delete it.
Tapping the 3 dots at the top left or swiping left to right will open the side menu. Here you can access all of the other features, including:
Reference – News, journals and a collection of useful web links. When reading an article, tapping the ‘add to CPD button will automatically pull this page into a new CPD note.
Groups – Access or set-up closed discussion groups. Again, any posts can be quickly captured into a CPD log.
PDP – You can create your Personal Development Plan here and link to it whenever you add a relevant CPD note.
Compliance Passport – you can keep a record of compliance related documents here ready for sending out when required as one complete PDF. You will be alerted when something is about to expire.
Appraisal – here you can export your CPD logs to a PDF or directly into Clarity’s Appraisal Toolkit. Don’t forget to select the date range and curriculum you wish to export. You will probably need to tick ‘include logs not attached to a curriculum’.
Settings – change your profile an other settings such as curriculum here. Also Logout via this page.
Sync Data – tapping this ensures all of the CPD logs on your smartphone are backed-up to the cloud and any logs entered on other devices are pushed to your current device.
- Go to the side menu.
- Select ‘Groups’.
- Tap the ‘add’ button in the top right hand corner.
- Create your Group!
– Tap the profile image to add a group icon.
– Give your Group a name (this will be searchable)
– Give your group a description (this can include URLs, email addresses and hashtags)
– If your group is intended for a specific specialty or profession, select this from the drop-down (this enhances the way people are suggested groups)
– Add as many keywords as you like. Anything written in here will ensure your group appears when that search team is entered.
– By default, groups are closed which means you as the administrator will have to accept everyone who requests to join. Tapping the ‘Open Group’ toggle will mean that anyone can join your group.
– If you decide to create a closed group, you can set up a joining code by hitting the next toggle button. You can then share that code with anyone you would like to join.
- Once you have created your group, it will appear in the ‘My Groups’ tab of the Groups page. When in the group you can then make posts, invite or approve requests to join and nominate other members to be an administrator for the group.
The easiest way to find anything in Digitalis is to use the search function by tapping ‘Search’ in the top right of the home screen. You can narrow your search results down by selecting a category below the search bar.
Another way you can do it, which means you can also browse all of the groups, is to do the following:
- Access the side menu.
- Select ‘Groups’.
- Tap the ‘All Groups’ tab.
- Scroll all groups or enter your search criteria.
From most pages in the app these three icons are always available to instantly add a CPD note, capture with the camera or record a memo. In pages where you are viewing information the note icon will automatically append that title and URL to the new CPD note.