- Go to the side menu.
- Select ‘Groups’.
- Tap the ‘add’ button in the top right hand corner.
- Create your Group!
– Tap the profile image to add a group icon.
– Give your Group a name (this will be searchable)
– Give your group a description (this can include URLs, email addresses and hashtags)
– If your group is intended for a specific specialty or profession, select this from the drop-down (this enhances the way people are suggested groups)
– Add as many keywords as you like. Anything written in here will ensure your group appears when that search team is entered.
– By default, groups are closed which means you as the administrator will have to accept everyone who requests to join. Tapping the ‘Open Group’ toggle will mean that anyone can join your group.
– If you decide to create a closed group, you can set up a joining code by hitting the next toggle button. You can then share that code with anyone you would like to join.
- Once you have created your group, it will appear in the ‘My Groups’ tab of the Groups page. When in the group you can then make posts, invite or approve requests to join and nominate other members to be an administrator for the group.